Film World Events of 1950
- Nutan has her first real role at the age of 14 in "Hamari Beti". She had actually had her film debut in the 1945 film "Nal Damyanti"
- Pakistan introduces a tax on Indian films at the rate of one rupee per foot.
- Rai Bahadur Chuni Lall, passes away. He was president of Indian Motion Picture Producers' Association (IMPAA) and the Motion Picture Society of India (MPSI)
- Akash Chitra's "Hanste Aansu" becomes India's first film to be issued an "A" certificate.
- Shabana Azmi is born to Kaifi Azmi (poet) and Shaukat Azmi (Stage actress).
- Madhubala is diagnosed with a heart disease. She keeps it a secret for years.
A Few Notable Films of 1950
Top 10 Hindi Films
- Har Har Mahadev
- Afsar (Hindi)
- Anmol Ratan (Hindi)
- Bawre Nain (Hindi)
- Dahleez (Hindi)
- Hamari Beti (Hindi)
- Kamal Ke Phool (Hindi)
- Nalla Thanka (Malayalam)
- Nirala (Hindi)
- Sthree (Malayalam)
This page last updated
© 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 David and Chandrakantha Courtney
For comments, corrections, and suggestions, kindly contact David Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org