Major South Asian Events of 1955
- State Bank of India formed from Imperial Bank of India.
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi begins teaching meditation
- The Indian Scientist, Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar, Dies.
- Anand Marga established in India
- Prime Minister Nehru inaugurates the cold war era Non-Alignment movement.
- Royal Enfield India opens its first factory in Madras
- 5000 demonstrators protest Portuguese rule in Goa and demand integration into India. Police open fire killing 22.
- King Saud makes official visit to India.
This page last updated
© 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 David and Chandrakantha Courtney
For comments, corrections, and suggestions, kindly contact David Courtney at email@example.com